The Expert Electronics' SunSDR2 PRO SDR transceiver was designed for advanced operation on HF and VHF bands, even the most demanding operator will be surprised by its capabilities. Modern hardware along with the Expert Electronics' ExpertSDR2 software makes this high-performance SDR transceiver the perfect base station and at the same time perfectly suitable for field operations.
Expert Electronics SunSDR2 PRO SDR transceiver main capabilities:
- Independent RX path based on DDC (Direct Down-Conversion) architecture
- Independent TX path based on DUC (Direct Up-Conversion) architecture
- 2 software RXs + SubRX for each of them (4 slices total) + independent wideband Bandscope up to 80 MHz
- Remote control operation, using it, you connect PTT and CW-key to the E-Coder panel. Microphone and E-Coder are connected to the remotely set up PC
- TCI interface for seamless connection with third-party software like SDC (with its own Skimmer), LogHX, SWISSLOG and RUMlog, more are coming
- Professional TX processing module provides the most advanced tuning capability for voice operation
- ExtCTRL connector to control external devices with 8 powerful keys with open collector
- ALC connector for external power amplifiers*
- Supports use of VHF transverters**
- An opportunity to use the transceiver as a signal generator via DAC OUT connector (SMA connector)
- An opportunity to use external filters in the middle of the RF path, using ADC IN and RX OUT (SMA connector)
- Small delay in CW mode (about 10 ms)
- Input for external 10 MHz reference oscillator
- An opportunity to use the transceiver in SO2V mode
- Full duplex or half duplex modes***
- Antenna switch with 2 HF antenna connectors and separate VHF antenna connector (Mini UHF connectors)
- Internal power-meter for HF and VHF bands and SWR-meter for HF band
- Ethernet LAN interface provides fast and reliable connection to PC
* ** *** These functions are supported by the transceiver's hardware, but is not implemented in the ExpertSDR2 software. They will be supported in the future ExpertSDR2 software releases.
You must enable the program on windows10 firewall, otherwise it will disable the communication. After every firmware upgrade, you should do it.
Expert Electronics SunSDR2 PRO SDR transceiver application field:
- Amateur Radio HF/VHF transceiver
- SO2R/SO2V contest radio
- MO2R – two operators in Run & Multiplier station applications
- Spectrum analyzer with the spectrum scope up to 80MHz
- Record frequency spectrum for later playback
- Clean operating position controlling radio over LAN
- Remote Control via DSL or mobile 4G or 3G connection
SDR radios have no control panel, therefore manufacturers do not supply a user manual. Our company only sells SDR hardware; operation of these devices requires various software that you can download from the internet. Most of these software products are only available for download in the English language from the websites of manufacturers and third party developers (many of them radio amateurs) either for free or for a fee. Installation, setup and usage of the software require an intermediate level of proficiency in computing and the English language. We do not advise to buy these equipment unless you are in possession of these required skills, and we highly recommend to seek assistance and prior information from other radio hams on internet-based forums and user groups.
Expert Electronics SunSDR2 PRO SDR transceiver technical specifications:
|General coverage receiver in HF, MHz||0.09...65|
|General coverage receiver in VHF, MHz||95...148|
|Frequency coverage in HF in TX mode, MHz||All amateur frequencies|
|Frequency coverage in VHF in TX mode, MHz||144...146|
|Max output power in HF, W||20|
|Max output power in VHF, W||8|
|Blocking Dynamic Range in HF mode (BDR), dB||130|
|Blocking Dynamic Range in VHF mode (BDR), dB||>114|
|Dynamic Range over IMD3 (2 kHz), dB||>100|
|Reciprocal Mixing Dynamic Range (2 kHz), dB||>110|
|RF type of ADC||LTC2209, Linear Technology|
|RF ADC clock frequency, MHz||160|
|RF ADC resolution, bit||16|
|RF DAC clock frequency, MHz||640|
|RF DAC resolution, bit||14|
|Recommended power supply, V||15|
|Local oscillator's stability, ppm||+/- 0.5|
|Supply voltage range, V||12...16|
|Current consumption RX/TX, А||1.25/5|
|Built-in audio codec resolution, bit||24|
|ALC input voltage range, V||0..4|
|Operating temperature, ºC||0...+75|
|* More modes can be supported via external software|
|All the specifications are subject to change within 10-20%.|
About the Sun SDR2 : I am just learning how to use it and it fullfills all my requirements, so far. So my rating is very good as well.
Despite the covid period the package arrived quickly.
This transmitter is really compact but of a formidable efficiency.
One immediately feels the extreme sensitivity and the quality of the audio.
The software interface is nice and powerful.
I do not regret this choice.
Thanks and Rregards
Keep up the good work!!
Tulajdonképpen nem is egy rádió hanem kettő egy tokban, továbbá 160m - 2m ig (HF -> VHF -ig) meg van oldva minden! A rádión rengeteg csatlakozási felület van amivel bármilyen komolyabb versenyzési célokra is lehet a készüléket használni. Ez egyszerűen egy zseniális technika. Vételi és szolgáltatási paraméterei lenyűgözőek.
Feltétlenül érdemes hozzá külsőkezelőt is vásárolni!