LDG Electronics AT-897 PLUS BOLT-ON MEMORY AUTOTUNER
The AT-897Plus is similar to previous LDG tuners, but is specially engineered to integrate with your Yaesu FT-897 HF radio. The LDG AT-897Plus connects to the CAT (Computer Automated Transceiver) port on the back of the radio. The CAT interface allows an external device such as a PC or the LDG AT-897Plus to control the Yaesu FT-897 by sending it serial commands. The AT-897Plus takes advantage of this interface to simplify the tuning process -- one button push is all that is needed in order to switch the radio to AM mode, reduce output power, transmit a carrier, measure the transmit frequency, and then restore the radio to its previous mode and power level!
The LDG AT-897Plus is powered by the transceiver’s CAT interface itself, so there is no additional power cable required to use the LDG AT-897Plus. Latching relays are used, so the LDG AT-897Plus consumes no power when not tuning.
The LDG AT-897Plus improves upon the previous LDG AT-897 automatic antenna tuner, in that the memory has been expanded to 2,000 frequency memories. The transmit frequency is actually read directly from the Yaesu FT-897, so memory tuning is a snap.Specifications:
- 0.1 to 125 watts SSB and CW peak power, 30 watts on PSK and digital modes and 6 meters1
- Latching relays for ultra low power operation.
- 2,000 memories for instantaneous frequency and band changing.
- Powered from the radio -- no extra power supply to hook up.
- Designed specifically for the Yaesu FT-897/FT-897D HF transceivers. Can be mounted directly to the side of the FT-897.
- Pass-thru CAT port allows AT-897Plus to control the FT-897 over the CAT bus while still allowing a host PC to also control the radio.
- Pass-thru CAT port waits for idle CAT activity before controlling the transceiver.
- 1.8 to 54.0 MHz coverage. Frequency for memory storage is read from the radio via CAT.
- Tunes 6 to 800 ohm loads (16 to 150 on 6M), 24 to 3200 ohms with optional 4:1 Balun.
- For Dipoles, Verticals, Vees, Beams or any Coax Fed Antenna.
- CAT Din 8 cable included.
- Optional external Balun allows tuning of random length, long wire or ladder line fed antennas. See web site for details.
- Less than 1 mA power consumption in standby mode -- ideal for battery operation.
- Dimensions: 11.25”L x 3.25”W x 1.5”H.
- Weight: 1 pound 6 ounces.