LDG Electronics Z-817H 75 W MEMORYTUNER
The LDG Z-817H provides semi-automatic antenna tuning across the entire HF spectrum plus 6 meters, at power levels up to 75 watts. It will tune dipoles, verticals, Yagis, or virtually any coax-fed antenna. It will match an amazing range of antennas and impedances (up to 10 to 1 SWR), far greater than some other tuners you may have considered, including the built-in tuners on many radios.
The LDG Z-817H is similar to previous LDG tuners, but is specially engineered to integrate with your Yaesu FT-817 HF radio and external amplifier. The LDG Z-817H connects to the ACC port or sometimes called CAT (Computer Automated Transceiver) port on the back of the radio. The CAT interface allows an external device such as a PC or the LDG Z-817H to control the FT-817 by sending it serial commands. The LDG Z-817H takes advantage of this interface to simplify the tuning process -- one button push is all that is needed in order to switch the radio to PKT mode, transmit a carrier, read the transmit frequency, and then restore the radio to its previous mode and power level! Additionally, the LDG Z-817H is powered by internal batteries, so no extra power cable is needed.Specifications:
- 0,1 to 75 watts SSB and CW peak power, 50W on digital modes and 6 meters. 50W max when used with non-FT-817 radio.
- Latching relays for ultra-low power operation.
- 2,000+ memories for instantaneous frequency and band changing.
- Power: 6V power supplied from long-lasting internal AA alkaline batteries.
- Designed specifically for the Yaesu FT-817 transceiver.
- Will also work with non-FT-817 radios, but without automation of the radio.
- Pass-thru CAT port allows Z-817H to control the FT-817 over the CAT bus while still allowing a host PC to also control the radio. Also permits seamless integration with Tokyo Hi Power HL-45B amplifier.
- Pass-thru CAT port waits for idle CAT activity before controlling the transceiver.
- 1.8 to 54.0 MHz coverage. Frequency for memory storage is read from the radio via CAT.
- Tunes 4 to 800 ohm loads (16 to 150 on 6M), 16 to 3200 ohms with optional 4:1 Balun.
- For Dipoles, Verticals, Vees, Beams or any Coax Fed Antenna.
- Optional external Balun allows tuning of random length, long wire or ladder line fed antennas.
- Dimensions: 7.6”L x 5.6”W x 1.75”H.
- Weight: 1 lb., 6 oz.