Standard Horizon GX-1700E explorer vhf radio with GPS. 25W Marine VHF FM Transceiver with integrated 12Channel WAAS GPS receiver GPS Antenna built-in o the front panel allows reception when radio is bracket or flush mounted.
- Buil-in 12 Channel GPS Antenna
- Ultra thin and compact rear case design (3.5” depth)
- Powerful 25 Watt VHF/FM Transceiver
- Meets ITU-R M493-12 Class D DSC (Digital Selective Calling) with Individual, All ship, Position Report, Request and Distress
- Navigation to a DSC Distress Call with compass page
- Automatically poll the GPS position of up to 4 ships using DSC
- Enter, Save, and Navigation to waypoint with Compass page
- GPS Compass display
- Navigation (LAT/LON, SOG, and COG) information shown on display
- Submersible JIS-8 1.5M (4.92Ft) for 30 minutes
- Noise canceling microphone with channel UP/DOWN, 16/9 and H/L keys
- NOAA weather channel selection with alert
- Programmable Scan, Priority Scan, and Dual Watch
- GPS repeating of position, SOG, COG and time
- Customizable channel names
- Oversized dot matrix display
- NMEA Input and Output
- Programmable soft keys
- Capable of connecting to a Second Station CMP30 Remote Access Microphone
- Overall Dimension: 5.91"(w) x 3.35"(H) x 3.54"(D)
- Flush mount cutout: 5.35”(W) x 2.80”(H) x 2.56”(D)
Easy DSC and Installation!
The GX1700 makes DSC easy. With an internal 12 Channel GPS built into the front panel, there is no need to hassle with wiring the radio to a GPS for DSC. Out of the box and ready to go, DSC calling, position sharing, waypoint navigation, navigation to DSC distress calls can all be performed with just a few simple steps.
Mounting a VHF radio has never been easier. The Explorer GPS has an ultra thin, compact rear case, only 3.5” in depth or half the depth of comparable VHF radios on the market.
The Built-In WAAS GPS reciever and antenna mounted in the front panel also gives the flexibility to flush mount the radio in tight areas.
ITU-R M493-11 Class D Digital Selective Calling
The EXPLORER is an ITU-R M493 Class D class VHF with a separate Channel 70 receiver, which allows DSC calls to be received even when listening to communications.
The DSC DISTRESS function when activated transmits a digital MAYDAY including vessel identification, Latitude / Longitude and time (with GPS connected), to facilitate prompt response. Additional calls that can be made are Individual, Urgency, Safety, Position Report and Send.
Additional features include DSC test call and menu selection for Auto DSC channel switching.
RAM3 second station mic capable
Need to remotely control the VHF from your cockpit of fly bridge? The EXPLORER is RAM3 remote mic capable to control all VHF, DSC functions at a second station.
Big, bold display
There is no question about it. With a big, bold display there is no mistaking the information. The contrast and brightness can be adjusted for situations where the radio cannot be mounted directly in front of you.
Programmable Scan, Priority Scan and Dual Watch
Scanning is not an issue with the EXPLORER. The radio can be setup to scan any number of channels with or without a Channel 16 as the priority channel or simply can be setup to scan between a priority channel and one other channel (dual watch).
Clearvoice noise reduction technology
The EXPLORER features Clear Voice Noise Reduction Technology eliminating unwanted background noises like engines and wind during transmission. This assures transmissions are crystal clear along with dedicated 16/9, H/L keys and channel selection.
Navigate to Waypoints
The EXPLORER is capable of entering and saving up to 100 waypoints. These waypoints may be selected and navigated to by using a unique navigation compass display that shows your vessels SOG, COG, BRG (Bearing) and DST (Distance) to the waypoint when connected to an external GPS.
DSC Position Polling and NMEA in/output
Easily share position information with other DSC equipped vessels using the position request and position reporting functions. With the push of a few buttons you can request the position of another vessel, or simply send your position information to the vessel you select.
The GPS Position of a received DSC Distress or Position Request call can be shown on a compatible GPS Chart plotter simply by connecting 2 NMEA wires. In addition, the EXPLORER may be setup to automatically poll the GPS position of up to 4 stations.
Programmable Channel Names
The Explorer is supplied from the factory preloaded with description of the use of Marine channels (16-Distress, 22A-USCG, 71-Pleasure...). The channel names may be customized by the user to easily understand the use of each channel.
External GPS ANtenna
- GX1600E or GX1700E Transceiver
- Power Cord with Fuse Holder
- Mounting Bracket and hardware
- Owner’s Manual
- Flush Mount Template
- Ferrite Core
- Warranty Card
An external antenna feed can be input if required.
After purchasing the programming cable (CT-99+CT-62) we will send you the CE-123 programming software and manual by e-mail.
The GX-1700 can not be changed to NOAA WX channels. These channels are usable in North America (weather information in the USA and Canada). Those who plan to navigate in this area we recommend to buy the GX-2200.