The FT-991A is the next-generation ofthe widely popular FT-991. Like its predecessor, the FT-991A is creatively designed to fit into a very compact (W9.0" xH3.2" x D9.3'') rugged case and will deliver up to 100 Watts solid output power (50 Watts on 1401430MHz) on SSB, CW, AM, FM, Packet ami C4FM Digital on the popular HF/50/144/430MHz bands.
ln keeping with the spitt ofthe rich performance ofthe FT-991, the new FT-991A provides two new stimulating and useful advanced features - a Rea/-time Spectrum Scope and a Multi-Co/or Waterfall Display.
The new dynamic real-time spectrum scope gives radio operators the ability to graphically view the location of signals on the band while thev /isten to the received audio allowing them to quickly move to the desired signal. The strength of signals on the band can readily be seen on the multi-color waterfa/l display. Chronological order color differentiation allows operators to easily recognize weak signals at a glance; signals that might otherwise be missed on the spectrum scope.
These additional exciting functions enable more efficient and satisfying operating time while making important contacts on the crowded HF and 6 meter bands. We believe that the new FT-991A will be widely accepted as an ideal field gear rig by the rnajority ofthe ham radio operators who want to enjoy reliable and tlawless communication on all the HF and VIUHF bands with iust one radio.
The new FT-991A naturally contains all the features packed into the original version ofthe FT-991 including a 3kHz Roofing Filter for the triple conversion receiver that effectively attenuates interfering signals and enables outstanding performance while still producing high quality audio. The 32bit high speedjloating point DSP provides effective cancellation and reduction (DNR) ofrandorn noise, and the Auto Notch (DNF) autornatically elirninates QRM caused by dominant beat tones while the receiver's Contour function and APF (Audio Peak Filter) can be used to fwther reduce undesired noise. A built-in 3.5inch full-color touch screen high resolution display allows stress-free operability and visibility. For further detailed information, please refer to the attached specification sheet.
- Dynamic Real-Time Spectrum Scope
- Multi-Color Waterfall Display
- 160 Meters through 70 Centimeters - SSB/CW/FM/C4FM Digital/AM
- 100 Watts (2 Meter / 70 Centimeter: 50 Watts) of Solid Output Power Performance
- 3.5 inch TFT Full-Color Touch Panel Operation for Superior Operability and Visibility
- Advanced Functions such as High-Quality Audio Transmission, AMS, and Group Monitor utilizing C4FM Digital*
- Triple Conversion Circuit (SSB/CW/AM) /Double Conversion (FM/C4FM) Configuration, 1st IF is set at 69.450 MHz
- Roofing Filters 3 kHz and 15 kHz as standard equipment
- IF WIDTH and IF SHIFT providing great QRM Rejection
- CONTOUR, DNR, IF Notch and APF (Audio Peak Filter, CW only)
- 160 - 6 Meters High Speed Automatic Antenna Tuner included
- High Accuracy TCXO ±0.5 ppm
- Built-in Electronic Keyer
- CW Message Memory with Beacon Mode
- CW Pitch / Sidetone Control
- Automatic Repeater Shift
- USB Connector (CAT control, Audio interface, PTT/SHIFT control)
- Two Antenna Connectors (HF/50MHz, 144/430MHz)
- Optional FC-40 Automatic Antenna Tuner (for long wire antenna) is connectable
- Optional ATAS-120A Active Tuning Antenna is connectable
* Data FR mode (high speed data communication mode) is not supported, and transmission and reception of image data by C4FM digital is not possible
Hand Microphone (MH-31A8J) DC Power Cord
Spare Fuse (25A)
Frequency Ranges: RX 30 kHz - 56 MHz, 118 MHz - 164 MHz, 420 MHz - 470 MHz (specified performance, amateur bands only) TX 1.8 MHz - 54 MHz, 144 MHz - 146 MHz, 430 MHz - 440 MHz (amateur bands only)
Circuit Type: Triple-Conversion Superheterodyne: SSB/CW/AM
Double-Conversion Superheterodyne: FM/C4FM
Modulation Type: A1A(CW), A3E(AM), J3E(LSB, USB), F7W(C4FM), F3E(FM),
Power Output: SSB/CW/FM 160- 6 Meters: 100 W 2 Meters/70 Centimeters: 50 W AM Carrier 160- 6 Meters: 25 W 2 Meters/70 Centimeters: 12.5 W
Case Size(W x H x D): 229 mm x 80 mm x 253 mm (w/o knob and connector)
Weight: 4.3 kg