Yaesu DR-2XE C4FM/FM DIGITAL REPEATER
Click to enlarge
The Yaesu DR-2XE is a C4FM digital / conventional FM dual mode repeater with Dual-transmit and Dual-Receive capabilities. It is part of the Yaesu System Fusion II family.
The repeater controller, receiver and transmitter are all packaged into a 19” standard cabinet rack mount panel unit for simple replacement of an existing repeater. Existing peripheral devices such as the duplexer and amplifier, etc., can continue to be used as-is.
Yaesu DR-2XE repeater features:
Modulation Modes: Conventional FM, 12.5 kHz C4FM Digital (V/D Mode, VFR Mode, DFR Mode) *
VHF or UHF operation (cross-band capable) / Dual Receive / Dual Transmit (DRDT)
AMS (Automatic Mode Select) function automatically recognizes the signal as C4FM digital or conventional FM, and then the DR-2X repeater re-transmits the signal using the preset communications mode.
3.5-inch Full Color Touch Panel Operation
Extremely reliable, high RF Output Power: 50W/20W/10W
Emergency Operation: Supports auto-switched backup battery power operation.
Front panel microphone connector is provided for use in repeater transmitter testing, and enables use as a base station.
Built-in large-size monitor speaker with front panel volume control
Full Integrability with existing repeater controllers using the 15 Pin rear I/O connection.
*System Fusion is not compatible with the D-STAR GMSK digital format.
Yaesu DR-2XE repeater new features:
Dual Frequency Operation (DRDT)
MSRL (Multi-site repeater link) Function for Easy Coverage Expansion using optional module
New and improved “News Station” feature for Easy sharing of voice and text messaging.
Enhanced Group Monitor Feature for Easy Grouping Set-up (DG-ID, DP-ID)
User Friendly Set-Up
The large front panel, color touch-screen permits convenient configuration of the transmitter and receiver frequencies, transmit power output and AMS functions. When the settings are complete the display can be switched off to prevent accidental operation. Simply turn the display switch ON and use the touch panel screen to confirm or change settings. The transmit and receive frequencies, CTCSS tones, squelch, AMS, and other functions are configured by the touch panel screen
Enhanced Group Monitor Feature
Yaesu’s revolutionary Group Monitor feature allows you to track multiple resources quickly and efficiently by displaying telemetry and signal strength information of other group members that share the same Digital Group Identification number.
Dual Receive / Dual Transmit (DRDT)
The unique Receiver, Transmitter and controller combination in the DR-2X/DR-2XE allows the control operator to assign up to two frequency pairs per repeater. This feature enables two separate dual-band inputs and outputs per single DR-2X/DR-2XE repeater, allowing
even more methods of access.
MSRL (Multi-site Repeater Link)
The MSRL (Multi Site Repeater Link) allows the repeater operator to link multiple repeaters over a Wide-Area-Network (WAN) or Local-area-network (LAN) across short or long distances. Realizing the reliability shortcomings inherent with WAN (Wide Area Networking) such as the internet, the new DR-2X/DR-2XE incorporates direct connectivity into a variety of networking environments to provide high quality Digital and Analog communications even when “All Else Fails”.
New and Improved News Station Function
Quickly store and retrieve digital audio and text messages for groups or individual operators that can be accessed on demand, any time of the day (* Requires Optional MSRL module).
Touch Panel Operation
Enjoy the ease of using the DR-2X/XE’s 3.5-inch Full Color Touch Panel Operation:
- Setup screen
- Frequency setting screen
- CTCSS setting screen
Yaesu DR2XE repeater Other Features:
- Internal AC Power Supply
- 19″ Rack Mount Capable
- High Stability ±2.5ppm TCXO included
- DSQ (Digital Squelch Code) Signaling Feature
- CTCSS and DCS Signaling Feature
- ID Announcement Feature
- Remote/External Controller Interface
- Base Station Operation
- Time Out Timer
- Firmware Upgradeable
Yaesu DR-2XE repeater Supplied Accessories:
- AC Cable
- DC Cable for backup battery
- PC Connection Cable SCU-20
- Rubber Feet (4)
- DR-2X/XE Options
- DTMF Microphone MH-48A6JA
- Hand Microphone MH-42C6J
- Voice Guide Unit FVS-2
Yaesu DR-2XE repeater Specifications:
Frequency range 144 to 148 MHz, 430 to 450 MHz
Channel steps 5/6.25 kHz
Emission type F1D, F2D, F3E, F7W
Frequency stability ±2.5 ppm (-4°F to +140°F (-20°C to +60°C))
Antenna impedance 50 ohms
Supply Voltage AC 100 to 240 V
DC 11.7 to 15.8 V, negative ground
- Current consumption:
1.5 A (Receive)
13 A (50 W TX, 144 MHz band)
14 A (50 W TX, 430 MHz band)
Operating temperature -4°F to +140°F (-20°C to +60°C)
Dimensions: 19″(W) × 3.5″(H) × 15″(D)
Weight : 22.05 lbs (10 kg) approximately
RF power output 50/20/5 W
Modulation type F1D, F2D, F3E Variable Reactance Modulation
F7W 4FSK (C4FM)
Spurious emission At least 60 dB below
Circuit type Double conversion super-heterodyne
Intermediate frequencies 1st: 47.25 MHz, 2nd: 450 kHz
0.3 .V (Digital 2 m/70 cm) BER 1%
0.2 .V (FM 2 m/70 cm) 12dB SINARD
Adjacent Channel Selectivity Better than 65 dB TYP (20 kHz offset)
Selectivity FM 12 kHz/35 kHz (-6 dB/-60 dB)
Intermodulation Better than 65 dB TYP (20 /40 kHz offset)
Audio output 4 W (4ohm., THD 10%, 13.8 V; internal speaker)
Yaesu System Fusion II:
Please pay attention that the existing radios should be compatible with the System Fusion II, and capable of the new features of Digital Group ID and Digital Personal ID. All software should be updated, these are downloadable from the YAESU website. YAESU will ship the new radios with the new software, and they will carry the SYSTEM FUSION II COMPATIBLE sticker.
Digital Group ID (DG-ID) feature:
- The two-digit DG-ID number (00 to 99) can be set separately for Transmit and Receive. By setting both transmit and receive to “00”, you can communicate with all the other stations in the digital C4FM mode, regardless of their DG-ID number setting.
- By matching the transmit DG-ID number to the uplink DG-ID number set in the DR-2X System. Fusion II digital repeater, you can access the digital repeater DR-2X used in the club.
- For communication only among a group of friend’s transceivers, you can all match the same. DG-ID number; then only your friend’s voices will be heard. Also, by using the GM function you can check whether stations with the same DG-ID are in the communication range.
Digital Personal ID (DP-ID) feature
- Every C4FM digital transmit communication contains the individual ID information (Radio ID) of each transceiver. The DP-ID function uses this individual ID information.
- When communicating with another transceiver, if the DP-ID of the stations are registered in each other‘s transceivers, they can communicate even if the DG-ID numbers are different.
The DG-ID feature to access the WIRES-X node station
- When accessing to the WIRES-X node station, the connecting node station may be selected in accordance with the DG-ID setting of the node stations.