LDG KT-100 AUTOMATIC DESKTOP TUNER WITH MEMORY
The LDG KT-100 is an automatic tuner intended for use with modern Kenwood transceivers. It works with any Kenwood transceiver that supports the AT-300 Kenwood tuner (no longer available). A partial list of compatible units includes: TS-2000, 50, 450, 480SAT (not HX), 570, 590, 850, 870, 990 (and all variants). The interface cable is included.
The KT-100 connects to the radio via its Tuner port to control the tuning cycle; the transceiver's Tune button controls the tuner. The radio's Tuner port also powers the tuner, so it requires no external power supply. The KT-100 handles up to 125 watts SSB or CW (100 watts on 6 meters).
The KT-100 integrates with you Kenwood transceiver for seamless operation; the radio's Tune button controls tuner functions when needed. Since the KT-100 is matched to your specific rig, you just press the Tune button on the radio, and the rig and tuner do the rest: reduces power, transmits a carrier, automatically matches the antenna to the rig, then restores the original power and mode.
Like all LDG tuners the KT-100 operates automatically, beginning a tuning cycle whenever the SWR exceeds a preset limit. It also features LDG's advanced memory tuning, providing 2,000 memory locations; when tuning near a previously used frequency it will recall the settings for nearly instant tuning. It learns your favorite frequencies and bands as you use it. You can also start a tuning cycle manually whenever necessary.
LDG KT-100 specifications:
- 0.1 to 125 watt power range (SSB and CW, 30W on PSK), 100W on 6M.
- 2000 memories for instantaneous band changing.
- Controlled from Kenwood Tuner button on radio. Powered from Kenwood radio.
- Works with any Kenwood radio that is AT-300 compatible (check your radio's manual).
- Partial radio list: TS-2000, 50, 450, 480SAT (not HX), 570, 590, 850, 870, 990 (and all variants).
- Tuning time: 0.1 to 6 seconds full tune, 0.1 seconds memory tune.
- 1.8 to 54.0 MHz coverage. Built-in frequency sensor.
- Tunes 6 to 1000 ohm loads (16 to 150 on 6M), 6 to 4000 ohms with optional 4:1 Balun.
- For Dipoles, Verticals, Vs, Beams or any Coax Fed Antenna.
- Optional external Balun allows tuning of random length, long wire or ladder line fed antennas.
- Includes Kenwood interface cable. Ready to use right out of the box. Sugar free.
- Small Size Enclosure: 6.5L x 6.5W x 1.5H.
- Weight: 2 pounds
* Note for use with TS-480HX: Kenwood has programmed the 480HX so that if it detects an external tuner, it will limit the RF power to 100 watts. It is not modifiable as far as we know. While the KT-100 can be connected to the 480HX, the radio will never transmit more than 100 watts. We would normally recommend the LDG AT-200ProII for the TS-480HX if the full 200 watts is required.